F. Engel K/S supports socially responsible partners, and we therefore set out a number of reasonable working conditions. F. Engel K/S has laid down certain conditions which must be complied with by the company’s suppliers.Employees
F. Engel K/S prohibits its suppliers and subsuppliers from using child labour. F. Engel’s suppliers must meet the following requirements with regard to employees:
- An employee’s minimum age must not be less than 15 years (14 years in countries where the “Organisation of employers and workers” so permits) according to the ILO (International Labour Organization) Convention.
- It is not permitted to use illegal workers or involuntary workers.
In the interests of human rights, F. Engel K/S requires that its suppliers respect the following points regarding workers’ working conditions:
- Employees must be treated with respect regardless of religion, race, gender, political beliefs or social background.
- Overtime must be voluntary and in accordance with local laws.
- Remuneration must as a minimum be that prescribed by local legislation and must be paid regularly and on time.
- Agreed maternity leave must be given in the case of pregnancy in accordance with local legislation.
- No form of physical punishment or harassment is acceptable.
F. Engel K/S requires that certain environmental standards are maintained for people working at its supplier’s factories or at its subsuppliers. Suppliers must therefore ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Fire alarms and emergency exits must be clearly marked and indicated on all floors.
- Adequate lighting and ventilation must be installed in the factory.
- The temperature must be acceptable.
- Employees must have access to clean drinking water.
- Employees must have access to clean toilets.
F. Engel K/S expects that all the above conditions are met and reserves the right to make unannounced inspection visits to all factories to check that all its suppliers meet the above terms and conditions.
If the supplier does not address these requirements seriously, F. Engel K/S will be compelled to cancel all existing orders and stop the cooperation immediately after giving max. one warning.